Friday, June 29, 2012

Nick Fury: Before and After

I'm slowly growing my Dr Pepper Avengers can set.  You can read about the progress here.  With only a couple of cans left to go, I found another one this evening on the side of the road.  But it wasn't pretty!!!

Before
Lucky for me, I have a "tool" that my dad gave me last year.  He doesn't know what it actually is, but it's perfect for sticking inside cans to pop out those unwanted dents and dings (using the smaller hooked end).


The trick is to not push too hard from the inside or the rod will poke a hole through the side of the can.  Tonight's Nick Fury can was the toughest patient I've operated on so far.  It took quite a bit of reconstruction and patient hand dexterity, but I got it to the point of being presentable.

After
Sure, it's not in mint condition, but it's better than not having Nick Fury at all.  And I will be on the lookout for a replacement unit. 

Thanks, Can-Fixin' Hook-Thing!  You saved the day again!

No comments:

Post a Comment