Thursday, June 21, 2012

"Dream Team" Cans

And what should appear today in the parking lot where I work?  Magic Johnson, of course!

Can 1 of 5
This year, Dr Pepper Snapple Group is commemorating the 20th anniversary of the first Olympic "Dream Team."  Back in the 1992 Olympics, they were the first United States Olympics basketball team.

Other cans in the 5-can set are Larry Bird (7 Up), Patrick Ewing (A&W), Scottie Pippin (Sun Drop) and David Robinson (Canada Dry).

Sports are very low on the totem pole of my interests (actually, it may not even be on the pole), but when an orphaned can is lying by my car in need of a good home, I'll take it!  So let's see how far I can get with this set...

10/22/12 Update: My mother-in-law saved this Larry Bird can for me.  That's two down, three to go.
 
Can 2 of 5
 4/12/13 Update: It's been a while, but I got the third can from my father-in-law who was visiting from out of state.  He brought it all the way from home, so I'm glad I didn't have it.

Can 3 of 5


No comments:

Post a Comment