Saturday, June 18, 2011

Captain America

"Can you run to the Dollar Store to get me some [whatever]?"  asks the wife.

Grumble, grumbles the husband.  But wait!  They have soda there.  "Sure, I'll be right back!"  And so I ran to the Dollar Store for my wife.  While there, I cruised through the soda sections and what did I see?  A little green Captain America staring up at me.  Actually it was six little Captain Americas staring up at me.

#1 of 5
So I returned home with her [whatever] and a 6-pack of 7 Up donning the heroic visage of Captain America.  And the beauty of it was that it looked like this was the only can, not a 5 or 6 can set of 7 Up movie tie-ins.  So I set the can on my shelf thinking I was finished.

Until I did a little research on the internet.  I had been right in that it was the only 7 Up Captain America can.  But my error lied in the fact that there were 4 other brands that had Captain America characters, thus began collecting cans for yet another movie.  I had just recently finished off my Thor Dr Pepper collection, now this?

I have decided to take the non-active approach for this set.  If I am meant to have it, the cans will find me.  I don't want to go to stores looking for and buying all these cans.  So we'll see what happens.

#2 of 5
July 5 Update - And so it begins.  On my drive to work this morning I saw a Sunkist can on the side of the road.  Knowing there just aren't many (if any) variations on the Sunkist can, I initially passed it up.  But the little fella on my other shoulder told me to stop and check it out anyway.  So I did.  And it was another can in the Captain America set.  So now I sit back in my chair, feet propped up on the desk, waiting for the next can to come to me...

#3 of 5
July 13 Update - And so it continues.  There is a person I know who collects cans to recycle them.  Once the trash cans behind his garage are filled, he takes them to be recycled.  I have an open invitation to check through those cans whenever I want.  So tonight I stopped by and I found this Howard Stark Captain America A&W can.  This is my third can in the set, only two more to go.

#4 of 5
August 5 Update - On my way home from work this evening, I saw a green can on the side of the road.  I caught a quick glimpse of the Canada Dry logo and turned around to get the can because I don't have a newer CD can.  But when I picked it up I saw it wasn't just a regular CD can,  it's the fourth can in Dr Pepper's Captain America movie promotion.  So with no effort so far, I've managed to collect four of the five cans.  Will can #5 find me???

#5 of 5
August 13 Update - So we were at Walmart today and somehow a 12-pack of Cherry 7 Up with Captain America on the carton ended up in the cart.  What?  How did that get there?  It was the elusive "last can" that completed my Captain America collection.  I said it before and I'll say it again, I'm done with collecting movie cans.

For now.

1 comment:

  1. Would you sale these 5 cans?? and if so for how much? I'm asking because my mom came to visit and saw the empty cans and threw them away and now after so long having them i can't find them anymore only have seen you with them and that pretty much it

    ReplyDelete