Sunday, June 26, 2011

Building the First Set of Shelves

I've had a plan in my mind for weeks on how to build shelves in the basement for my cans.  A couple of weeks ago, I went in the basement and cleared out the area.  Last Tuesday I picked up the particle boards I needed after work.  And this morning I picked up the back board for the shelves.  I was ready to build.

Basement ready for shelves

What I built is actually two-sided, there are twelve shelves on each side.  Each shelf can hold up to 27 cans.  That gives a current display of 648 12 oz cans.  A problem I ran into on the first side of the shelves was the screws that went into the ends of the shelves were splitting the ends.  I didn't know this until I was half done, so I went ahead and just finished that side.  The second side of the shelves used nails to hold the shelves in place.  But it turned out just fine.



And with the shelves finished, I just need to load them up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment