Saturday, April 5, 2014

World's Fair Beer

I intentionally stay away from collecting beer cans because soda cans already take up too much time.  But tonight I made an exception.

My grandpa died back in the 1990's.  And my grandma died last fall.  So now my parents are going through Grandma and Grandpa's house and pulling out anything the family wants to keep.  In a few weeks everything that's left is going to be auctioned with the house.  So tonight I got my turn in the house to grab any keepsakes or mementos.


In the refrigerator was this can of World's Fair Beer.  As far as I know Grandpa rarely drank, so I was a bit surprised to see this in his fridge.  At first I said, "Too bad it's not a soda can."  But then I decided in this case, a beer can is ok.  It would be another thing to remember Grandpa by.

Upon doing a little research, this can is from the 1982 World's Fair in Knoxville, Tennessee.  I seriously doubt he went to it, so it remains a mystery why he had it.  But it's still full.  So I will soon be draining the can of its 32 year-old contents.  Probably the oldest draining I've done.

There was another question that crossed my mind.  "Was it Grandma's?"

No comments:

Post a Comment