Monday, January 7, 2013

Chrysanthemum Tea

A few weeks ago my mother-in-law went to a local Chinese restaurant and they had a selection of 5-6 canned drinks.  She grabbed two of them for me.  And this was one of them.

The can says it was manufactured in Singapore and imported from Malaysia to California.  The ingredients are water, aqueous extract of chrysanthemum, cane sugar and colors.

I had never heard of chrysanthemum tea before.  So it was exciting to try a new taste.  My kids and I did the taste-test.  It was pretty sweet (from the cane sugar) and tasted like a honey tea.  It was real smooth and didn't have much aftertaste.  Overall it wasn't the type of tea I prefer to drink, but I was able to finish my portion rather than pour it down the drain.  My daughter didn't care for it but my son loved it.  He even finished her portion.

So now I need to get to that restaurant to grab the other 3-4 cans!!!

Oh, and by the way, Aqueous Extract of Chrysanthemum was my John Tesh cover band back in high school.  HAHA!  I wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment