Saturday, March 31, 2018

Manzanita Sol

While adventuring among the antique stores and flea markets of Southern Illinois today, only one strange can caught my eye.  I snapped a picture of the red beauty (in the center of the below pic) as it sat among other drinks the shop was selling to its customers.


I approached and saw a $1 price tag on it.  I'd never heard of Manzanita Sol before.  And the can said it was an apple-flavored soda from Mexico.  Wow, what a rare treasure to stumble upon.

Well, I got home and did some research.  I overpaid!  Sure, it's from Mexico, but the Wiki for it says it's owned by PepsiCo and can be found at Walmart, Kmart, Target, H-E-B, etc.  The list goes on and on.  In fact, looking at the above pic a few minutes ago I noticed a couple of 12-packs of the drink on the floor in the lower-left corner.

Sometimes the rare prize you snatch up at an antique store isn't quite as valuable as you think.  But now I have a new drink to taste-test, and it sure sounds delicious.  And the most important thing... I have another can for my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment