Saturday, August 6, 2016

Amish Store

There is an Amish community in our area and they have a store where you can buy homemade furniture, crafts, and food items.  None of my family had ever been to the store, so last weekend my parents decided to make the drive and check it out.  And they invited me to go along.
 

We found the store and sure enough, there was furniture, crafts, and food for sale.  I expected homegrown foods and garden items, but it was more like a regular grocery store but with a lot of variety of things you can't buy at Walmart or Target.


The only brand of soda I saw was Waist Watchers.  I have a couple of older Waist Watcher cans, but didn't know they still made it.  My dad saw this Diet Vanilla Cream flavor and picked up a 6-pack.  I told him to make sure he saves one of the cans for me!!!

The older cans were interesting because each one showed a different exercise to help you lose weight and stay in shape.












These are the two older cans in my collection.  I also have a newer Diet Root Beer can that came in some can lot I bought. 

This brand stands out in my mind.  I'm familiar with the famous Weight Watchers, but this is Waist Watchers.  And yes, I have quit a few Weight Watchers cans too, but that's a story for a different post.

No comments:

Post a Comment