Saturday, April 30, 2016

Yard Sale

While at my son's baseball practice this morning, I received a text with the following pics from a yard sale:

 

My eyes went straight to the Howard Johnson can in the first pic.  I'm a sucker for Howard Johnson cans and there's only one in my collection so far.  I also noticed several others I didn't have.  I immediately started counting the cans to estimate how many there might be.  An offer for all of them had to be made.  $15-$20 was coming to mind when I got another text that said they had just bought them all for me, two large trash bags worth.  The seller took $10!  Wow!  How did I get such a great deal while sitting in the middle of a field not doing a thing?

They dropped the cans off later this afternoon where we took them all out to see what "treasures" I got.  There were about a dozen beer cans in the lot which I let them take to try to sell.  That left me with 195 steel soda cans to clean up and sort out.

front of the pile
There are quite a few of them already in my collection, but there are a lot that I know I don't have.  So I can't wait to dig in to see exactly what's there.  And I'm sure there will be a few upcoming posts about some of these cans.

back of the pile
So why was the seller so eager to get rid of them?  He said he's been selling them on eBay for $10+ each but he's headed on a mission trip soon and needs to quickly get rid of some of his belongings.  The right place at the right time...

1 comment:

  1. Cool! man grate find, That's the cool thing about can collecting that sometims you don't always have to go out there to find them they just make ther way to you when you have people that know you collect cans.


    ReplyDelete