Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Cake With Soda On It

I live near St. Louis, MO.  This year it celebrates its 250th anniversary.  So 250 fiberglass cakes (about 4' tall) were built and different artists decorated them.  They were placed at various landmarks, heritage sites and local favorites around the St. Louis metro area earlier this year and will be on display until the end of the year.

I just found out about this last week.  So the kids and I have decided to see how many of these cakes we can visit in the next six months (you can follow our progress here).  Yesterday we visited the cake that sits at the base of the World's Largest Catsup Bottle, located in Collinsville, IL.  The cake was decorated with famous St. Louis businesses, two of which are Vess and Cheer Up.



Although I didn't find any new cans while visiting the cakes, I did enjoy seeing my hobby memorialized in fake frosting.

1 comment: