Friday, March 8, 2013

The Can Fairy

I got home from work today and found this can on my front porch:


I brought it in and tried to clean it up.  Here it is after I messed around with it:


Not much better.  It's an extruded steel can with a tab top.  The can dates back to 1982-1987, those were the "Pepsi Free" years before the "Free" was dropped.  Since 1987 it's just been known as "Caffeine Free Pepsi."

There are a few people I think it could have come from, but until I find out for sure I'm going to assume it was the Can Fairy.  You're never too old to believe in the Can Fairy, right?

1 comment:

  1. I have a huge soda can collection to I have over 300 cans in my collection I order the older ones off of eBay the oldest cans I have on my tin cans with the pulltabs and I also go into the creek and look for some if I find one and it’s in good condition I collect it and I clean the outside and the inside of the can if I find one it’s in bad condition I decline it I get some new were ones from convenient stores and some vending machines or eight and 12 packs I pour out one can per brand

    ReplyDelete