Saturday, May 12, 2018

The Newest Old Pepsi

There is a refrigerator where I work that's kept full of drinks for the employees.  Once a month a pallet arrives of sodas, juices, water, etc.  And I always peruse the pallet after it's delivered to see if there are any new can designs.  Earlier this week, there was:

2018

I was very surprised to see the old design back on Pepsi cans.  It seems there's been a resurgence of old designs in the last few years, with Pepsi even having an previous retro can in their Pepsi Throwback campaign from 2011.

2011

But the new "old" can doesn't have the yellow Throwback banner, it looks very much like the old cans.  It does have a line at the bottom of the can that says "Same great Pepsi taste - retro design," but it isn't very intrusive in the overall aesthetics.  

The back of the can is nothing remarkable, just the regular nutrition info.


But it's still neat to see.  Here's to the future!!!!  I mean, the past!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love it. I was a big fan of the retro throwback designs like the Canada 150 one we got last year but happy to see it is back in full down in the US. I am hoping they keep this old design for good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Canada We Have The 7UP Retro Set, 3 Designs for a Limited time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Hope They Bring The New Retro Pepsi can Here too!

    ReplyDelete