Saturday, July 22, 2017

A Plastic Monster

Someone I know is currently on a trip to Dallas, TX.  It was a nice surprise this afternoon to get a text saying they had picked up this Monster can for me.  And the cool thing is... it's plastic.

I had heard someone mention plastic cans recently but I haven't seen any in local stores.  I checked the Monster website and this is their Hydro line.  The site says Hydro is "non-carbonated, lightly sweetened with natural flavors to make it thirst quenching and easy drinking."  In other words, energy water.

It currently comes in three flavors: Tropical Thunder, Manic Melon, and Mean Green (the can that's headed my way).

My only other experience with plastic cans was a set of experimental New York Seltzer plastic cans from 1987.  The set was my first can purchase on eBay and can be read about here.


No comments:

Post a Comment