Saturday, June 18, 2016

Warcraft

A night at the movies
Here is my Warcraft history:  I played the original Warcraft: Orcs & Humans PC game that released in 1994.  In fact, I still have the floppies, manual, and game box for it.  I also played Warcraft 2.  For some reason I skipped Warcraft 3.  And I've played World of Warcraft on and off since early 2005.  I've read some of the Warcraft novels and all of the comics.  So when they announced a Warcraft movie I was excited.  And nervous.  Remember the Dungeons & Dragons movie from 2000?  Ouch.

I finally saw the Warcraft movie last night.  I loved it.  And it was a chance for a couple of my cans to get out of the house.

World of Warcraft was Mtn Dew's Game Fuel in 2009.  I hadn't started collecting cans yet, but fortunately when I did start collecting in 2011, there was a large recycle bin of cans at work that hadn't been turned in for recycling for a couple of years (read about it in this post).  And in that bin I found one of each of the two WoW cans.


There was a blue can for the Alliance (good guys) and a red can for the Horde (bad guys).  They were wild fruit and cherry citrus flavored, respectively.  They are still two of my favorite cans in my collection because of the subject matter and their design.


For the Horde!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment