Saturday, June 11, 2016

The Carnival Returns

 

Four years ago I posted about finding an Olympics Coca-Cola can at the carnival that comes to town every year.  And now, this is the carnival weekend.  Due to my work schedule and other commitments the last couple of days, I didn't get to do my usual perusing of the park to look for discarded soda cans.  But that doesn't mean I didn't get any new cans.


For the last few years, my dad has done overnight guard duty all three nights of the carnival.  He patrols the park from midnight to 8am to make sure no trouble-makers show up while the park is closed.  And this year he noticed a lot of Coca-Cola and Diet Coke lyric cans.  So each night he collected a bag of cans for me.

From night #1
His first night there, he even found an American flag 16 oz can.  I knew they were coming for the 4th of July, and now I already have one.

From night #2
The take from night #2 was a bit smaller and included a few doubles, but there were still plenty of news ones.

Tonight will be the third and final night.  He said he's been seeing a lot of the same cans, so I'm not sure I'll get any new ones tonight.

In the five years I've had my can collection, this is the best haul from the carnival... and I didn't even go there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment