Sunday, May 24, 2015

Road Trip to Evansville

I took a short road trip to Evansville, Indiana, yesterday.  I've been there a couple of times before with limited success in finding cans.  But yesterday was a different story.  I had to choose which cans to buy.


The first booth that had cans sold them for $1 each.  I'm used to buying in bulk, so to have to choose which few I wanted to buy was really hard.  And being an antique mall, the seller wasn't there to make a deal with.  So I chose five and continued shopping.


Next was a booth with old steel cans but they were asking $5 each!  Nope.  Another booth had a green aluminum Pepsi bottle and a special edition Pepsi can for $4 and $3 respectively, so I bought those.


Before we left, I lined up my purchases for a group shot which was eerily reminiscent of a picture I took back in 2012 of my first Mountain Dew aluminum bottle (purchased in the same store.)

I have a few more can stories from the trip, but I'll save those for another day...

1 comment: