Saturday, May 3, 2014

Road Trip to Arkansas (part 2 of 2)

Last weekend I took a road trip to Fort Smith, Arkansas.  A few days ago I mentioned the cans I found on the way there.  I also found some cans in Springfield, Missouri, when we stopped for gas on the way home.


That 16 oz Coca-Cola can came out last year, but I haven't seen it in my area.  It's called the Chill Activated can.  The old-fashioned bottle is plain white when the can is at room temperature.  But when it's cold, the blue ice cubes appear to let you know it's ready to drink!


The other two cans are new versions of Kickapoo Joy Juice, a brand I wrote about a few years ago.  In addition to the Joy Juice, they also had Fruit Shine.  I can't wait to try these and finally see what Kickapoo Joy Juice tastes like. 

4 comments:

  1. The can is pretty neat, at least in my opinion.

    Great post as always!


    ThatSodaCanCollector

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've got a few other cans with temperature indicators on them; there were some Halloween cans that changed color and a Perrier can that shows when it's cold. I believe some beer cans have that too, but I'm not very familiar with those.

      Delete
  2. Also, if it is alright if I ask a question, do you buy cans in 12 packs often? I mean, there different flavors out there that aren't sold individually. I know this can be a predicament as your family doesn't drink soda. What do you do to overcome those circumstances?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do occasionally pass up a can I don't have when I see it in a 12-pack because, like you said, we don't really drink soda in my house. Early on I bought some 12-packs to get the can but I ended up with 4-5 packs taking up space. We slowly drank some of them, then I gave some away. But I still have some cans from 12-packs I bought 2-3 years ago. Also, I have friends who drink soda. So sometimes I'll make a request that they watch for a certain can when they're buying 12-packs for their homes. And they keep a fridge stocked with soda where I work, so I get cans from there sometimes, too. There's always a way; I just have to be a bit resourceful sometimes.

      Delete