Sunday, May 8, 2022

Paid in Yerba Mate

While lending a hand at the local food pantry yesterday, something caught my eye:

It was a stack of cans.  I noticed two things about them: 1) They were all the same  2) It was a can I didn't have in my collection.  So as payment for my assistance, I took a can home with me.

I was torn.  I really like strawberry, but I don't really like pomegranate.  So this was going to be a toss-up.  But it didn't really matter since I was only interested in the can itself, not the drink inside.

And if you want to know a little more about this drink, here's the text on the back of the can.  After reading it I was even less enthused than before about trying the beverage.

And to leave things on a cliffhanger, I still haven't tried it.  It sits in my pantry waiting to be bottom-opened and sampled.  And if I take a couple drinks and realize this stuff is delicious, I know where to get more of it.  See picture #1.


No comments:

Post a Comment