Saturday, December 22, 2018

The Fruit Is Real

There has been a change in Crush can designs that may have happened a while ago, but I just saw it this week. 

A co-worker brought a strawberry Crush can to me and said, "You've probably got this one, but here you go."  Crush doesn't often change their design, so I told him, "I probably do have it but I'll check."  And when I checked, that's when I realized I didn't have this design yet.

New design

The difference is above the word "Crush."  This new can shows actual strawberries, as opposed to the older design which showed orange slices.  In fact, it didn't matter what flavor the soda was, the old design always showed the orange slice above the word "Crush."

Old design

Another difference is the splash behind the entire logo.  The old splash was a rounded, cartoony kind of splash.  The new design is a bit more "realistic" with a more liquid look to it.

I've confirmed on the Crush website that cherry and grape also show their respective fruit, but all other flavors seem to still show the orange slice.  How fruity.


1 comment: