Sunday, February 4, 2018

CLICK

A few years ago I purchased a lot of cans on eBay.  In addition to what was listed, the seller "threw in" a few extras.  And this six pack of Click root beer was one of the extras.


This bonus item was awesome for a few reasons.  First, this is a 6-pack still connected with the old plastic rings!  The rings were outlawed years ago because they would end up in lakes where fish swam through them and got tangled up.  That's the reason I'd heard.

Second, a little research showed these steel cans with pop tops are from the mid 1970's.

Third, the funky 70's swirly design and the brown/green color scheme are very retro.  It reminds me of some of the animated Sesame Street shorts from when I was a kid.  Pre-Elmo, of course!!!

This was the first connected 6-pack of cans in my collection. And I love that it's so old.  Definitely a piece for my Museum de Cans.

1 comment: