Saturday, September 23, 2017

Coca-Cola Zero Sugar

I read about this several weeks ago, but it wasn't until last week that I saw the can.  The can came in a trash bag full of cans someone gave me to be recycled.


If you were a fan of Coke Zero, get  ready for change.  Coca-Cola Zero Sugar has replaced original Coke Zero.  What's the difference?  Coca-Cola claims the new version tastes more like regular Coca-Cola but still has no sugar and no calories.  Why the name change?  People knew Coke Zero had no calories, but many didn't realize it contained no sugar, so the new name makes it clear the drink has neither.  

Back to the can... the front is iconic Coca-Cola red with white lettering, yet behind the red is black from the Coke Zero design.  I think it's an awesome combination of the two brand designs.  It should really stand out on store shelves.  

Will this be a success?  It can't be worse than the public outcry over New Coke back in 1985 when they fiddled with their flagship drink's formula.  Time will tell.  I haven't tasted it yet, but I don't consider myself a "soda connoisseur" so generally if it whets my whistle it's fine for me.  But there are exceptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment