Monday, March 7, 2016

A New Howdy!

Wandering around an antique mall yesterday I found a cool old Vess soda can.  Vess is one of the brands I really like to collect, but at the $8.95 price tag I had to pass on it.


 A little while later I found a can more in my price range.  It was a Howdy! Cola can for $1.10.  I knew I already had a Howdy! can but could this be a variation I didn't have?


Variations in my collection
One of the benefits of having my can collection as a website is when I'm can hunting out in the field I can pull up my whole collection on my phone to see if I have a can or not.  When I checked my phone, I saw I had three Howdy! cans already, but none of them had the blue stripe this one did.

Before
So I bought the can and brought it home to be with a few of its relatives.  The can was in pretty rough shape.  It had some rust spots (which I can't do anything about) but I knew some warm water and a soft toothbrush could get rid of most of the dirt and grime.

A few minutes later I had a can clean enough to be added to my collection.

After

No comments:

Post a Comment