Sunday, June 25, 2023

Pac-Can

In last week's post I explained someone brought a couple of souvenirs to me from their vacation.  The first one was a Bob Ross Positive Energy Drink.  The other was this... Pac-Man can.

And this isn't my first Pac-Man can.  I did a post way back in 2012 about some cans I was given at a Christmas party at work.  Fortunately my two Pac-Man cans have different designs on them.

But how do these two cans relate to each other in regards to my younger years?  When I was turning 13 and stepping into the shoes of being a teenager, there were two items I wanted more than anything but had to choose only one of them.  One was a set of oil paints because one of my favorite shows growing up was The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross.  I wanted to paint like him.  The other gift I wanted was Donkey Kong for the Atari 2600.  I left the decision up to fate (and my parents).  On the big day I opened the present and got... Donkey Kong.  I believe going down that path at the fork in the road led to my eternal video game addiction.  What would I be today if I'd have received the oil paints?  It's hard to tell, but I know my hair would be a lot bigger than it is now.

happy


No comments:

Post a Comment