Sunday, May 23, 2021

Not the Type of "Brew" I Expected

Where does one draw the line when collecting cans?  Some people pick a brand or two and focus on just that.  But if you choose to collect Coca-Cola cans, soda cans are obvious but what about Coca-Cola energy drinks?  Or Coca-Cola coffee?  For a brand-completionist the lines can quickly become gray.

The brand Pepsi would include Pepsi soda.  But do you also collect Brisk since it's under the Pepsi umbrella?  If yes, now you're collecting soda and tea.  And then juices show up.  And what about those weird relaxation drinks?  How do you decide which cans to keep and which to refuse?

I've stated many times on this blog that an easy line to draw is whether the drink has alcohol or not.  I'm not against alcoholic beverages, but with that as the deciding factor it's a simple YES or NO whether to include a can in my collection.  Now that does open the door to a HUGE can pool (any non-alcoholic drinks), but the more the merrier, right?

So when someone handed me this can for my collection, I almost threw it away.  It's a "cold brew" and I don't collect cans with alcohol, which includes ALL beer cans.  

But wait!  That symbol looks familiar.  Upon a more careful read of the label I realized this was a Starbucks coffee can, not some micro-brewery beer can.  OOPS.

Ok kids, the can-collecting lesson of the day: Be sure to read the label carefully.  Don't glance and assume.  Other than Monster, black cans aren't real common so it's nice to have another cool black can.  And to think, I almost threw it away.

And my other surprise... this can only has 10 calories!  Wow.


No comments:

Post a Comment