Saturday, October 3, 2020

This for That: A Can Trading Story

A coworker recently de-cluttered his house.  He said he would bring some DVD's, CD's, and books for me to donate to my small-town library.  He brought the tubs yesterday and it was quite a bit more than I expected.


On the left is the tub of DVD's and on the right are the CD's.  Thinking of others, I didn't want to overwhelm the library with so much media so I went thru both tubs and took a few things from each for myself.  And then I thought of someone else who might like to check it out.  He said he'd come over and look thru the tubs... he had a can for me anyway.


He handed me this can of Duff energy drink and took a few discs for himself.  I immediately recognized this as the brand from the Simpson's TV show.  On the show it's beer, but IRL it's a "wonderful orange flavored" energy drink.

So I consider this a win-win-win-win situation; my coworker cleared up some space in his house, my trader ended up with some discs, the library will have new material for the town to enjoy, and most importantly... I have a new can for my collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment