Saturday, March 7, 2020

A Nice Save

I glanced in the aluminum recycle bin yesterday at work and sitting right on top was a can I didn't have yet.  But there was only one problem... we have a "squeezer" in the office. 

Can you tell what most of these cans have in common?  Whoever drinks them squeezes the can when they're done.  I guess it's the final blow when they're finished drinking it.  In the video game Mortal Kombat it's called a Fatality!

I rescued the brown can of "premium cold brew coffee" and took it to my desk for assessment.

It was going to be tough, but I think with the use of a special tool I had at home I'd be able to bring this can back from the grave.

Back in 2012 I did a post about the tool used to push dents out from the inside of the can.  It's worked miracles in the past.  Could it work another one?

Once I was home I cleaned the can of its putrid stale coffee smell.  Then I let the tool do its job.  A push here, a twist there, and within 30 seconds the operation was complete.  It was another success.  I looked at the full-figured can sitting before me and muttered, "Nice!"

So this can has been released into the basement with my other free-range cans to play with others who may or may not even notice its few dimples and dents. 

And that's how this nice! can was given a second lease on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment