Saturday, September 8, 2018

Dews and Don'ts

Today's post will feature some recent citrus drink cans I've collected...


We'll start with the "real" one, the Mtn Dew Ice.  I didn't drink this, someone else did and gave the can to me.  But it appears to be their version of 7Up or Sprite.  The website says it's a clear, refreshing drink.  I'll have to take their word for it.











Next up is the Wal-Mart brand version of Mtn Dew called Mountain Lightning.  Again, someone else drank this and gave the empty can to me.  Most cheaper sodas with "Mountain" in the name are obvious clones of Mtn Dew, so that's how I'm classifying this one.












And finally we have a Big K branded soda called Citrus Drop.  I found this can on the side of the road, so the colors are a bit faded and the can needed cleaned up.  Big K used to have a flavor called "Lemon Lime," which I assume was a 7Up/Sprite clone.  But this sounds like it could also be that... or a Mtn Dew clone. 









Three cans, three different brands, from three different sources, yet they all seem somehow related in their flavors.  Who says we have too much choice nowadays?   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment