Saturday, August 4, 2018

Alcohol @ Work?

Ok, that title might contain a little click-bait.

Recently I arrived at work and sitting on my desk was this can of Seagram's.


I've only known Seagram's to be an alcoholic drink, but upon closer inspection I noticed this was a can of ginger ale. Alcoholic cans often have very cool designs, and this looked like one of those.  But since it's ginger ale, it made its way into my collection.

And again this week I got to work to find this can of "beer" on my desk.


But it's ginger beer, not beer beer.  I Googled this particular brand and they only carry two flavors, this one and a diet ginger beer in a cool blue can.  I checked my collection and sure enough, I already have a Barritts can but that one is an older extruded steel can.


I love having variations of cans, and this is a good example of a can design not changing much in many, many years, but being just different enough to warrant keeping both cans.

This only leaves one question... when's Happy Hour?

No comments:

Post a Comment