Sunday, December 10, 2017

Too Cold & Too Hot

In 2016 Sprite unveiled its lyric cans.  I found a few cans here and there and then decided to buy a 12-pack to see how many different cans I could get at once.  We don't drink much soda in this house, so it took a while for us to make it through that 12-pack.  In fact, one can got buried in the fridge and was in there over a year.  When I discovered it a few months ago, this is what I found:


For some reason this can must have been in a really cold spot, the top had extended.  The soda inside was not frozen, I bottom-opened the can and drained it.  This one went in the Oddities Wing of the collection.

One morning over the summer I arrived at work and in my office sat a Coca-Cola can.  In fact, it was this one:


Where had it come from?  Later that day, our delivery driver said that can had been left in one of the delivery vehicles and the summer heat must have caused the top to extend.  I told him about the similar Sprite can I had at home.  So I bottom-opened this can, drained it, and added it to the Oddities Wing of the collection.

Whether a can gets too cold or too hot, the results are the same.  Now there's a science project for you, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment