Saturday, August 12, 2017

Popeye


Chester isn't too far from where I live.  I've been there many, many times.  It's a small Southern Illinois town with less than 9000 people that's famous for being the home of Popeye.  Or more accurately, the home of Popeye's creator, E. C. Segar.  Segar was born in Chester and lived there until he moved in his early twenties.

So I thought it was pretty cool when someone recently gave this Popeye Energy can to me.  The front of the can is covered with Popeye cartoon strips.

This flavor is Clobberin Clementine.  The other flavor available is Bruiser Blackberry.

It says it has natural caffeine and contains nothing artificial.  So of course I had to examine the contents to see if there's any
spinach in it.  None.

Also missing from the ingredients is Olive Oyl!

No comments:

Post a Comment