Sunday, May 22, 2022

Jelly Belly

This house is no stranger to Jelly Belly jelly beans.


So when I got a text from my daughter a couple months ago asking if I wanted her to pick up these three Jelly Belly sparkling waters I said, "Sure!"  The Jelly Belly brand is known to be very flavorful, but I have to mention she found these at one of those stores where everything's $1. 

These are "sparkling waters," which a lot of people consider bland and tasteless.  The three flavors here are orange sherbet, very cherry, and watermelon.  The initial taste of each one didn't disappoint... much.  I could definitely tell what each flavor was, but it didn't last long and then turned into slightly-flavored water.  But I did drink them all.

And if you want to learn more about the Jelly Belly brand, I recommend a 2010 documentary called "Candyman" that explores the history of Jelly Belly.  It prominently features David Klein, the man who invented them.

No comments:

Post a Comment