Sunday, May 9, 2021

Those Aren't Cans

Every once in a while an exception is made for my can collection.  And this time it was for a couple of bottles someone gave me.

What makes these two bottles so special?

They both come from Mexico.  And living in the Midwest, I don't often see cans/bottles out in the wild from exotic foreign lands.

I've heard the tales of yesteryear of people tracking down Mexican Coca-Cola and soda-smuggling rings at the US-Mexico border because Mexico's soda is still made with real sugar, not like America's high fructose corn syrup variety.  And that means the Mexican version tastes better.  But now in the future, it's not so hard to jump online and have a crate of whatever delivered from wherever to wherever.  So this find may not be as rare as it once was, but it's still neat to have these bottles.

And both bottles came with their bottle caps which takes me way back to when I was young and started a bottle cap collection.  I sure do wish I still had all those brown paper grocery bags full of caps I collected from the early 80's.  But they were tossed out with other "trash" during one of my house moves through the years.

Mi coleccion sigue creciendo.


No comments:

Post a Comment